10 Reasons We Love Book Trailers
1. They are fun. Fun to watch, fun to create. (The Highlander Trilogy by Maya Banks)
2. They give novels a visual dimension. It’s a quick peek into the world created by the story. (Give Up the Ghost by Megan Crewe)
3. They give readers another tool to help them decide if they would like to read the book. (Time’s Edge by J.M. Dattilo. Yes. Shameless self-promotion.)
4. They can tell a story in (usually) two minutes or less. (The Hot List by Hilary Homzie. 45 seconds.)
5. They whet the appetite. (Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs)
6. You don’t have to be a professional book trailer designer to create a good trailer. (Demon Hunter by Cynthia Vespia)
7. They make you laugh. ( Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Shteyngart).
8. They can be artistic. (Tell Me a Secret by Holly Cupala)
9. Some are really beautiful. (Beautiful Places by Chad Prosser)
10. They don’t always take themselves too seriously. (Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews)
Posted on October 22, 2011, in Book Trailers, Books, Writing and tagged book trailers, books, novels, promotion, videos, youtube. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment