We were challenged to create one or two line descriptions that summed up each of our books. Challenge accepted!
Time’s Phantoms Sneak Peek
“Strength is having the guts to be who you are,” Jafrey said. “Strength is allowing yourself the right to have doubts and make mistakes. Strength is knowing that having weaknesses doesn’t actually prevent you from being strong.” He gave a small smile. “Strength is not soldiering on no matter what. That’s just training.”
Time’s Phantoms will be available in December 2015. Cover art by Ali Ries.
Ten Quotes about Time from Time’s Edge
A few readers have asked what our favorite quotes about time are — from our own books! We debated and argued and wrangled over some of them but managed to come up with a list of ten. So, for posterity, here are our favorite quotes about time from the Time’s Edge series:
1. Time exists in cosmic strings that run parallel to each other, each with a slightly different frequency and, hence, a slightly different reality. (Time’s Edge)
2. We create the illusion of time, but time, as most beings define it, doesn’t really exist. (Time’s Secret)
3. Time is infinite. If you’re a molecule. (Time’s Secret)
4. Most answers are revealed by Time. (Time’s Secret)
5. Play your part in time but do not try to alter time. (Time’s Illusion)
6. Time takes no prisoners. (Time’s Warriors)
7. It is better to be warned and act at the proper time then to try and change the order of time. (Time’s Warriors)
8. Time heals most errors. (Time’s Guardians)
9. Time has a way of righting itself. (Time’s Guardians)
10. Time is ours. (Time’s Illusion)
Ali Ries, Space Artist
The covers of all the books in the Time’s Edge scifi series attract a lot of attention. We constantly get asked, “Are those Hubble images?” and “Where did you get them?”
The answer: No, not Hubble. Mrs. Hubble.
Ali Ries, aka Mrs. Hubble, is the artist behind the beautiful images that grace our covers. We found her through that great cosmic event more commonly known as an accident.
We were browsing the Internet for a picture for our first book, Time’s Edge, when we stumbled upon the perfect image for the cover. Drustan’s Nebula was the name and we assumed it was a picture taken by the Hubble space telescope. We eagerly clicked on the picture and wound up on Ali’s website, where her tagline reads “Just call me Mrs. Hubble.”
We browsed through her gallery of images amazed, delighted, and enamored. To date we have more book covers picked out than we have stories planned. Her art has that effect. It inspires. It has that magical ability to transport the viewer to another place. Any science fiction writer would take one look at her work and instantly begin composing stories in his head.
We have five books in the Time’s Edge series so far. The sixth, Time’s Guardians, is underway. How many more? Well… Ali has a great quantity of irresistible images available. We may never stop!
Click on the covers to see the original images on Ali’s website.
Time’s Warriors Available March 1st
Time’s Warriors, the fifth book in the Time’s Edge series, will be released on March 1st!