Don’t Panic! And Other Great Quotes from The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
Posted by jmdattilo
We often get asked who our favorite authors are. And we can name many, many wonderful writers whose books we love. However, we are both are huge fans of author Douglas Adams of Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy fame. So, although towel day has passed, we have decided to pay our own tribute to Adams and The Guide. Here are our ten favorite quotes from The Hitchhiker’s series.
1. I’d rather be happy than right any day.
2. I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don’t know the answer.
3. I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
4. Right planet, wrong universe.
5. Distance is incomprehensible and therefore meaningless.
6. The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
7. “My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre,” Ford muttered to himself, “and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.”
8. She was mostly immensely relieved to think that virtually everything that anybody had told ever told her was wrong.
9. A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
10. It is known that there is an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the product of a deranged imagination.
Any other Hitchhiker fans out there? What are your favorites quotes from the Guide?
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)