National Poetry Month
Posted by jmdattilo
In honor of National Poetry Month, we’d like to highlight Patricia Clark, the poet who very graciously allowed us to use her poem “My Warrior “in our most recent novel, Time’s Warriors.
The poem is taken from her debut book Lady on the Bench. It fit beautifully into a scene where Kate, one of our main characters, is singing about warriors and later discusses some of the dilemmas that warriors often face.
Would you have been a warrior
One thousand years ago,
With your bold, restless spirit
No one could control?
Would your causes have been just,
For country and for king?
Or maybe for your god
To praise his glory and being?
Would your deeds have been noble?
Would mercy know your name?
Would you be hailed a hero
And never associate with shame?
Yes, one thousand years ago
Your muscle and your might
Were needed to tame a world,
Be it wrong or be it right.
One thousand years have passed,
What now is there to do
With a bold restless spirit
Such as the one in you.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)